March 1, 2019 - 25 days ago
TA-DAAAAAAAA. Here is a comprehensive list of leagues launching in Sydney this Autumn. Do we have individual rego for all of them? YES...yes, we do! Can’t wait to see you playing!
- 10 March = Flag Gridiron – Sun @ Camperdown
- 10 March = Caged Soccer – Sun @ Marrickville
- 13 March = Touch Football – Wed @ Glebe
- 21 March = Caged Soccer – Thurs @ Marrickville
- 26 March = Street Soccer – Tues @ Pyrmont
- 01 April = Fast-5-Netball – Mon @ Leichhardt
- 09 April = Dodgeball – Tues @ Woolloomooloo
- 09 April = Outdoor Soccer – Tues @ Centennial Park, ES Marks Athletic Field
- 09 April = Touch Footy – Tues @ Centennial Park, ES Marks Athletic Field
- 10 April = Aussie Rules – Wed @ Camperdown
- 10 April = Floor Hockey – Wed @ Alexandria
- 10 April = Indoor Soccer – Wed @ Alexandria
- 11 April = Multisport – Thurs @ Pyrmont
- 11 April = Street Soccer – Thurs @ North Sydney
- 11 April = Touch Football – Thurs @ St. Peters
- 15 April = Basketball – Mon @ Camperdown
- 16 April = Fast-5-Netball – Tues @ Redfern
- 16 April = Rebound Volleyball – Tues @ Sydney Uni
- 17 April = Fast-5-Netball – Wed @ Moore Park (coming soon!)
- 17 April = Touch Football – Wed @ Camperdown
- 18 April = Basketball – Thurs @ Redfern
- 24 April = Dodgeball – Wed @ Marrickville (coming soon!)
- 24 April = Street Netball – Wed @ North Sydney (coming soon!)
- 24 April = Multisport – Wed @ North Sydney
- 25 April = Dodgeball – Thurs @ Marrickville (coming soon!)
- 29 April = Netball-7s – Mon @ Moore Park (coming soon!)
- 29 April = Flag Gridiron – Mon @ St. Peters
- 01 May = Multisport – Wed @ Redfern
- 06 May = Netball-7s – Mon @ Redfern
February 28, 2019 - 26 days ago
Here’s to strangers becoming besties. Have a look and see if any location or night of the week suits you and your busy life! (or maybe you just really ilke the team name...)
Once you’ve decided, you can REGISTER HERE.
- 10 March = Flag Gridiron – Sun @ Camperdown (Team The Pretenders)
- 10 March = Caged Soccer – Sun @ Marrickville (Team Goonoo Goonoo)
- 13 March = Touch Football – Wed @ Glebe (Team Nar Nar Goon)
- 21 March = Caged Soccer – Thurs @ Marrickville (Team Gooloogong)
- 26 March = Street Soccer – Tues @ Pyrmont (Team Koolyanobbing)
- 01 April = Fast-5-Netball – Mon @ Leichhardt (Team Chinaman’s Knob)
- 09 April = Dodgeball – Tues @ Woolloomooloo (Team Bong Bong)
- 09 April = Outdoor Soccer – Tues @ Centennial Park, ES Marks Athletic Field (Team Dunedoo)
- 09 April = Touch Footy – Tues @ Centennial Park, ES Marks Athletic Field (Team Moolooloo)
- 10 April = Aussie Rules – Wed @ Camperdown (Team Binnaway)
- 10 April = Floor Hockey – Wed @ Alexandria (Team Tittybong)
- 10 April = Indoor Soccer – Wed @ Alexandria (Team Delicate Nobby)
- 11 April = Multisport – Thurs @ Pyrmont (Team Chinkapook)
- 11 April = Street Soccer – Thurs @ North Sydney (Team Humpybong)
- 11 April = Street Soccer – Thurs @ Camperdown (Team Humpty Doo)
- 11 April = Touch Football – Thurs @ St. Peters (Team Mangalore)
- 15 April = Basketball – Mon @ Camperdown (Team Boing Boing)
- 16 April = Fast-5-Netball – Tues @ Redfern (Team Burrumbuttock)
- 16 April = Rebound Volleyball – Tues @ Sydney Uni (Team Ozenkadnook)
- 17 April = Fast-5-Netball – Wed @ Moore Park (Team Upotipotpon)
- 17 April = Touch Football – Wed @ Camperdown (Team Manangatang )
- 18 April = Basketball – Thurs @ Redfern (Team Smiggin Holes)
- 24 April = Dodgeball – Wed @ Marrickville (Mooball)
- 24 April = Street Netball – Wed @ North Sydney (Team Wagga Wagga)
- 24 April = Multisport – Wed @ North Sydney (Team Innaloo)
- 25 April = Dodgeball – Thurs @ Marrickville (Wonglepong)
- 29 April = Netball-7s – Mon @ Moore Park (Team Watanobbi)
- 29 April = Flag Gridiron – Mon @ St. Peters (Team Yackandandah)
- 01 May = Multisport – Wed @ Redfern (Team Grong Grong)
- 06 May = Netball-7s – Mon @ Redfern (Team Burpengary)
February 13, 2019 - one month ago
Meet Rob and Megan!
You might remember them from our Sunrise appearance… Let’s call them, Urban Rec's poster couple. They met during the Urban Rec Summer Games, Rob was an event host, Megan was an American navigating netball. One minute they were playing flip-cup, next minute... A LOVE STORY LIKE NO OTHER. How did it all go down? Did we ask for the gory details, you betcha!
💕🍕💕HOW THEY MET… For love and pizza… 💕🍕💕
After a devastating knee injury threatened to rule out her entire summer Megan Nelson was feeling pretty sad and sorry for herself, stuck in a brace watching on with beer in hand while her friends were having fun at the Urban Rec Summer Party.
Enter the Lion - Rob Slater UR Event host.
“I was too busy having fun and drinking plenty to really be on the lookout for anything other than my next beer, I was tipsy all day and largely clueless to the fact Megan was trying to get my attention”
“He was flirting with most of us actually.. he cast a pretty wide net lol” Megan laughed.
During a game of flip cup (which Megan owned) Rob finally narrowed in on her.. the injured gazelle amongst the herd of single ladies.
“We left to go to the Bat and Ball, and Rob wasn’t allowed in because he didn’t have a shirt… I lent him my towel to wear so he could come in with us” an act of chivalry from Megan.
But still, Rob was still unaware that Megan was trying to make a move.
“I stuck around even after my friends had left”.. which is the universal sign that someone is interested in you. “Finally, I was like - ok, I’m getting an Uber home.. still nothing”
After finding Rob on Facebook through the event page, she messaged him (with most likely a winky face) and BAM finally… he cottoned on.
“He tried to invite himself over (cheeky) but I was actually pretty pumped to be ordering pizza and eating it in bed by myself so I said no”
Yep… she chose pizza over love in the first instance.. (who can blame her though.. cheesy, warm, deliciousness…) Despite the shut down and the fact Rob lost to a slice of margarita - they met up for drinks later that week and the rest is history!
“So yes, hungry lion chased the wounded gazelle - that sums it up lol” Megan remembers fondly.
“I might add that I ended up riding my bike home (wasted) at midnight because she picked pizza over me. The things we do for love..”
BUT, is it really like no other, are there OTHER amazing love stories out there and we simply do not know about them?
💕❓DID YOU MEET PLAYING SPORT OR AT AN URBAN REC EVENT? Urban Rec want to take you on the ultimate Kidult date💕❓
Start the day being active at Sky Zone AU, where you will jump, run and fly around for an hour. 🤸♀️
Then head to our partner clubhouse Rocks Brewing Company where you will be taken on a private tour of the brewery and enjoy lunch and a beer tasting. 🍻🍺
Then loaded with $50 on your card, hit up the Archie Brothers Electric Circus where you can sample VR, play the lucky dip or ride the dodgem cars. Then it's time to bowl, and enjoy some amazing candy cocktails. 🍭🍡
As the day draws to a close, it's time to hit the road, Uber to Centennial Park where you can enjoy cosying up under the stars at the Moonlight Cinema. 🎥🎟
HERE'S HOW TO ENTER!
To win this amazing date for you and your partner, comment on THIS POST with the story about how you met at Urban Rec and a photo of the both of you!
** Winners will be notified by Facebook
*** Prize must be claimed in the month of March or April
**** Entries close 28th February 2019
January 16, 2019 - 2 months ago
“You complete me” That’s what your team mates will say when you join any one of the below teams and complete the team. Most only need just you, or you and a friend, so have a look and see if any location or night of the week suits you and your busy life. :) It might seem obvious but... M= Male, and F= Female.
- Basketball Camperdown – 1 F
- Fast 5 Netty Leichhartdt – 1M or F
- Flag Grid Camperdown – 4M, 2 F
- Netball 7s Moore Park – 3 M & 4 F
- Netball 7s Redfern – 3 M & 3 F
- Dodgeball Woolloomooloo – 2 F
- Fast 5 Netty Redfern – 1 M or F
- Rebound Volleyball Syd Uni – 2 M & 2 F
- Softball Moore Park – SOLD OUT
- Outdoor soccer ES marks – SOLD OUT
- Touch Footy ES Marks – SOLD OUT
- Aussie rules Camperdown – SOLD OUT
- Dodgeball Marrickville – 3 M & 2 F
- Fast 5 Netty Moore Park – 4 F
- Street Netty North Sydney – 2 M
- Hockey Alexandria – 2/3 F
- Multisport North Sydney – 2F, 2M
- Multisport Redfern – SOLD OUT
- Touch Footy Glebe – SOLD OUT
- Basketball Redfern – 2/3 F
- Dodgeball Marrickville – 2 M
- Multisport Pyrmont – SOLD OUT
- Caged Soccer Marickville – SOLD OUT
- Street Soccer North Sydney – 1 F & 1M
- Street Soccer Camperdown – SOLD OUT
- Cricket Moore Park – 8 M & 3 F
- Caged Soccer Marickville – 2 M & 2 F
January 11, 2019 - 2 months ago
The weary eyed surfaced this morning for an exciting cross on national TV. With plenty of members and staff in tow, we put on our game face and joined Sam Mac for the weather and seven consecutive crosses as part of the weather segment.
Here they are...
5:30am (Intro & Hello from us awkward people)
6:00am (Soccer, and the epic save in goals)
6:30am (Basketball, and kicking people out!)
7:00am (Dodgeball, and Diane’s epic throw)
7:30am (Flag Gridiron)
8:00am (Cricket, and an epic catch from Tim)Learn More
January 7, 2019 - 2 months ago
It’s a sad fact that sport often get overlooked as a serious contributor to your fitness. People scramble to sign up for marathons and bootcamps, but seldom aknowledge that their weekly game of Netball is in fact a MAJOR part of their fitness and health journey.
We have seen HUGE transormations of members who have gone from not being active at all, to playing 3-4 nights a week, and shedding the kg’s.
Not just that, we are passionate about the element of incidential excerise. Running on a treadmill for 45 minutes is a CRAP idea, compared to sprinting around a Dodgeball court with a huge smile plastered on your face.
But here are the facts. We did some research and looked into how many calories, on average you burn in a 45 minute game of sport. Of course, this is based on the average age and weight of an average joe.
|Sport||Calories burned per 45 mins||Calorie equivalent|
|Softball||280 kcal||McDonalds cheeseburger|
|Touch Footy||449 kcal||3.5 beers|
|Basketball||449 kcal||Half a box of pizza shapes|
|Cricket||280 kcal||3 paddle pops|
|Flag Gridiron||505 kcal||2.5 bags of (single serve) doritos|
|Dodgeball||300 kcal (a guesstimate)||2 Margartia’s (Ole)|
|Frisbee||449 kcal||2 ciders|
|Volleyball||168 kcal||1 packet of skittles|
|Hockey||449 kcal||1.5 hotdogs|
|Soccer||393 kcal||2 Krispy Creme donuts|
|Lawn Bowls||168 kcal||1 bubble o bill|
|Netball||449 kcal (a guesstimate)||4 Gin & Tonics|
Do you agree with these numbers, do you disagree? We would love to hear from you. If you play sport please share with us how many calories you have burned at your fave sport!If you want to get specific, you can go here, enter your age, weight, height etc and it will spit out a good estimate for you. But even better, is a fitness watch. Your heart rate can determine the calories burned. Go hard or go home.
Want to sign up for one of our leagues this Summer?. Click here to see the list of sports launching now.Learn More
January 4, 2019 - 2 months ago
North Sydney and North Shore leagues are starting soon, here is a list of what’s on offer this Summer.
Multisport North Sydney [Wed] – Link to register
Recreational, Intermediate [North Shore] North Sydney Tennis
Starts 30 Jan 2019 10 weeks 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM $995.00 per Team or $135 per Individual
Fast5 Street Netball North Sydney [Wed] – Link to register
Recreational [North Shore] North Sydney Tennis
Starts 30 Jan 2019 10 weeks6:00 PM - 8:00 PM $855.00 per Team or $135 per Individual
Street Soccer North Sydney [Thu] – Link to register
Recreational, Intermediate [North Shore] North Sydney Tennis
Starts17 Jan 2019 10 weeks 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM $885.00 per Team or $135 per Individual
Flag Gridiron Cammeray [Sun] – Link to register
Recreational, IntermediateSYD [North Shore] Tunks Park, Cammeray
Starts 20 Jan 2019 10 weeks 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM $995.00 per Team or $135 per Individual