Work with Urban Rec
What do EVENT HOSTS do?
Event Hosts’ roles and responsibilities are to supervise and monitor play in our leagues and tournaments as well as facilitate a positive and social atmosphere. You must be outgoing, social and energetic. You must know your sport really well, and feel confident in teaching the rules, and in most cases have access to carry a kit bag with gear.
Most Event Hosts work one night per week, per season (although some work 2 or more nights). For every night that you host, you receive a free night of play in one of our other leagues. Most leagues run 10-13 weeks depending on the weather, and anticipated rain outs. Event Hosts may not play on the same night which they work on.
- Setting up equipment as needed
- Organizing teams and starting matches on time
- Ensuring schedules, stats and scores are recorded each night
- Making announcements about important information before the start of each game
- Interact with participants and ensure that they are having a great experience
- Be an advocate for Urban Rec at your venue/sport
- Contributing to our community by attending our social events, a proud advocate for Urban Rec
- Participating in our social media challenges and trends
- Attending staff social nights
- Nominating members for the Ambassador Program
- Be influential in league decisions, and creating a better experience
- One free night of league play for every night of event hosting (con-current season)
- Get paid to be fit, and meet new people
- Free official Urban Rec apparel and sponsor swag
- Priority registration for your team
- Free or reduced entry to most Urban Rec events
- Meet 1000's of fun, social, active people!
Touch Footy, Eastern Subs
Multisport, Lane Cove
Flag Gridiron, Waterloo
Street Soccer, Campedown
Flag Gridiron, North Sydney
Fast 5 Netball, Leichhardt
Fast 5 Netball, North Sydney
Soccer, St Peters (Car needed)
HOW TO APPLY
This is a very face to face role, so the best way to get our attention is face to face! Here are some other ways we would like to hear from you.
- Call us (0423 635 571).
- Leave a voice message or video on our Facebook Page
- If you are already an Urban Rec member, chat to one of our staff at any of the league nights.
- Fill out the below form – it might help you decide if this role is for you!