April 7, 2014 - 7 years ago
This player is one of our favourite and oldest friends. She came to us at the end of 2011 without even a pair of runners to her name, and determined that sports were simply not for her. Two years later, she has played in five season of Urban Rec, and holds a Champion shirt to boot. What an amazing story, and what a fabbo chick.
1. Hey, whats your name?
2. Which Urban Rec Sports do you play?
I am currently playing Fast 5 netball and caged soccer
3. What's a random fact about you?
I hate driving at night, and I get annoyed when people go through skip bins.
4. Why did you choose UR and Social Sports over the more competitive sports played in Sydney?
Before signing up to Urban Rec, the thought of playing any sport (social or otherwise) did not interest one little bit, after a bit of convincing from friends who needed an extra player in their touch football team I decided to give it a go (begrudgingly), I figured the best way for me to get any exercise would be having a run around with mates.
5. If in a Team, who did you decide to sign up with and why?
Mainly friends and friend’s partners.
6. What is your best advice for someone who hasn't played your sport before, if they would like to come along to try Urban Rec?
Just go along, it doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to play, the refs are all really good and supportive and you eventually get the hang of it. No one gets angry if you can’t catch or kick or run… they will just laugh at you instead!
7. How do you socialize with your current or past teams, off the court?
We quite often go out for dinner and beers after a game. Last season our team organised a fancy dress pub crawl (I personally think the ‘fancy dress’ was just an excuse so some of the boys wear extremely short shorts….)
8. Tell us about a funny moment on the court/field?
The last end of season Netball game was pretty funny to watch. Each quarter had a new rule which everyone had to follow, by the end everyone was just running around like idiots with no idea what was going on.
9. What is your favourite thing about team sports?
Having fun while exercising
10. What sport are you choosing next season?
Not sure at this stage – dodgeball looks like fun.