March 13, 2020 - 9 months ago
We completely understand that the COVID-19 (coronavirus) is causing concern and uncertainty among everyone. We are diligently following the advice of Department of Health (Australian Government) and Health NSW and as to new measures we should take.
Today our Government announced advice to cancel gatherings above 500 people (this is not a ban). At this stage, they have not advised the general public to stop their usual activities like going to work, grocery shopping and attending recreational activities.
With precautionary measures in place, Urban Rec activities will go ahead as scheduled and all Urban Rec policies will remain in effect including the default and refund policy. If the situation becomes extreme, and small gatherings are banned (or advised to cancel) by our government, we will ensure your games are played when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
The decision to advise against mass public gatherings is one we understand, as those event attract thousands of people who are often required to travel to attend.
Urban Rec would like to advise the steps we are taking to ensure our members remain as healthy as possible.
- It goes without saying, if you are sick, stay at home and get better - especially if you have been travelling.
- If you don't want to shake hands at the end of the game, we understand - a fun and friendly toe-tap is a great way to show your thanks - or a virtual high-five.
- We will be making sure work with our venues and keep everything hygienic and clean.
- Any bibs or equipment will be cleaned weekly
- We will be supplying hand sanitizer to each of our event hosts and in each of our kits
Most of all, the best thing you can do to protect yourself from illness, is remain active and remain healthy.