BREACH OF CODE OF CONDUCT
The Urban Rec Code of Conduct was written with our Fun First policy in mind. All players are expected to act in an acceptable way, and within the parameters of the Code of Conduct. It’s pretty simple – if you break the Code of Conduct, there will be consequences.
DISCIPLINARY PROCESS AT VENUE
- If the person is acting aggressively, or inappropriately, they will be sent off the court/field for 5 minutes (they can sub).
- If they do not improve after they have come back onto the court/field, they will be suspended for the rest of the game.
- If there is any physical violence, one or both players should leave the venue immediately.
- An incident report will be filed by our staff, and this will show as a record of the event, and how management will decide further disciplinary measures.
DISCIPLINARY PROCESS FOR TEAMS
- All teams will be monitored using the fun points rating system.
- If a League Manager is notified of a low scoring fun point rating (2 or below), both Captains of the game will be contacted.
- If a team consistently is scored low for fun points, they will be issued with a first and final warning via email.
- If the team’s fun rating still does not improve, the team will be ejected from the competition at the League Managers discretion. Teams who have been removed from the competition due to low fun point ratings, will not be entitled to a refund.
DISCIPLINARY PROCESS FOR INDIVIDUALS
- If an individual is identified as at risk of breaching our code of conduct, then the League Manager may in writing or in person issue a first and warning to this player.
- In the event of a recorded incident, all players involved will be on a 1-3 week suspension depending on the severity of the incident.
- Depending on the situation, all players will be put on probation.
- Should another incident be reported by staff, or other members, about a person who is on probation; then that person’s membership will be cancelled. They will no longer be able to participate in Urban Rec events for 12 months. No refunds will be given for individual players in the disciplinary process.