Code of Conduct
- The fact or practice of participating in sports or a sport.
- Conduct becoming to one participating in a sport (as fairness, respect for one's opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing)
Code of Conduct
Participants of Urban Rec are expected to behave with civility and appropriate conduct. When you agree to join the Urban Rec, you indicate, by your registration, that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct. No refunds will be given for loss of membership privileges due to breach of the Code of Conduct. All members are encouraged to exercise good judgment in caring for the safety of others as well as themselves. In the event you witness or experience threatening or inappropriate behaviour by another individual, please report the situation immediately to Urban Rec staff or management. Standards of Conduct include, but are not limited to, the examples outlined below. The following types of conduct are specifically prohibited and may result in loss of membership:
- Aggressive Behavior: You may not promote or engage in physical abuse, verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment, coercion and/or other conduct, which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person. You may not use “fighting words” to harass any employee or participant. If you engage in behavior that is considered aggressive, then your actions may result in a suspension (of varying length) or permanent expulsion.
All leagues are “NON-CONTACT” thus disregarding this rule is considered aggressive behavior.
- Control: Urban Rec Event Coordinators and management are responsible for managing and maintaining the safety of our members and facilities. You agree to comply with the directions of Urban Rec staff acting in the performance of their duties. Failure to comply with staff requests, directions, or instructions will result in loss of privileges.
- Disorderly Conduct: You may not engage in disorderly or lewd conduct including disorder associated with alcohol or controlled substances.
In registering as a member of Urban Rec, and within the context of the activities of Urban Rec, an individual agrees to take part in a spirit of fair play, honesty and within the rules and regulations of Urban Rec. As such the member is expected to:
- Have read the rules and agree to compete/participate within the rules of League and Urban Rec.
- Play within the spirit of the leagues which is to have fun and be social in a sports setting.
- Compete/participate in a spirit of fair play and honesty.
- Control your temper. Verbal and/or physical abuse of officials and other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in any sport.
- Refrain from using profane, insulting, harassing or otherwise offensive language in the context of the activities. Respect an individuals’ dignity; verbal or physical behaviors that constitute harassment or abuse are unacceptable.
- Agree to cooperate with the event coordinator, teammates and opponents as well as address fellow athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers, event organizers, spectators and others associated with Urban Rec in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit.
- Treat all participants in your sport as you like to be treated.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants. This includes but is not limited to their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Put the good of the game and your fellow participants safety and enjoyment above the desire to win at all costs.
- Shake hands with the opposing team at the end of the match.
- Act in a manner that will bring credit to Urban Rec and yourself, both within and outside the competition arena and/or competition area.
Anyone that fails to adhere to the code of conduct is subject to penalties that include but are not limited to suspension of any length, complete expulsion for an indefinite amount of time, exclusion from other Urban Rec leagues and/or events.