Work with Urban Rec
We are presently looking for Event Hosts for our upcoming leagues. Event Hosts get to be a special part of our Urban Rec team, and are influential and integral in helping to make our leagues better! There is a large selection of locations/nights of league play to choose from. EH roles are compensated with a paid honorarium and come with some great perks!
What do EVENT HOSTS do?
Event Hosts’ roles and responsibilities are to supervise and monitor play in our leagues and tournaments. Our Event Hosts facilitate a positive and social atmosphere in all of our activities. You must be outgoing, social and energetic. You must know your sport really well, and feel confident in teaching the rules, and also have access to a car for carrying gear!
Most Event Hosts work one night per week per season (although some work 2 or more nights). For every night that you host, you receive a free night of play in one of our other leagues! Each league is night-specific; for example, this means that you would volunteer 3-4 hours each Monday for a Monday league for the duration of the league. Most leagues run 10-12 weeks depending on the league.
We encourage our participants to Event Host a sport they are very familiar with. EC’s may not play on the same night which they work on.
- Setting up equipment as needed
- Organizing teams and starting matches on time
- Ensuring schedules, stats and scores are recorded each night
- Be an ambassador for Urban Rec at your venue
- Make announcements about upcoming events before the start of each session
- Interact with participants and ensure that they are having a great experience!
- Be influential in league decisions, and creating a better experience
- One free night of league play for every night of event coordinating (concurrent season)
- Get paid to workout, and meet new people
- Free official Urban Rec apparel and sponsor swag
- Priority registration for your team
- Free or reduced entry to most Urban Rec events
- Meet 1000's of fun, social, active people!
CURRENT Open Positions
We are currently recruiting Event Hosts for the following positions this Summer. Weekday leagues start between 6pm and 8pm and last 2 to 4 hours. No leagues end after 11pm.
Aussie Rules – Camperdown
Flag Gridiron – Centennial Park
HOW TO APPLY
This is a very face to face role, so the best way to get our attention is face to face! Here are some other ways we would like to hear from you.
- Call us (0423 635 571).
- Record a video, and send it via text message to 0423 635 571.
- Record a video, and send it via our Facebook Page.
- Leave a voice message on our Facebook Page.
- If you are already an Urban Rec member, chat to one of our staff at any of the league nights.
- Fill out the below form – it might help you decide if this role is for you!